Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Day Stew?

I know what you are thinking, why aren't you going out for dinner on Valentine's Day? Well we had a huge snow and ice storm in New Jersey and I am not going anywhere. So, I thought I would make some comfort food for dinner... Beef Stew. The stew I made tonight is a very simple recipe. In fact, I wouldn't even call it a recipe because I didn't use one!

I took some beef round cubes seasoned and lightly floured it. Then I browned it in a Dutch oven in a little canola oil. Added onions, garlic and let the flavors mingle. Then poured in some red wine to de-glaze the Dutch oven. Added some carrots and potatoes; then some water to make the broth. After it cooked for about 20 minutes, I added some leftover chives I had from another recipe and a little Italian parsley for color. Let it cook for about 10 minutes more. Then serve.

Serve with some crusty bread for a nice meal on a cold night.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds good Sherry. I thought beef stew came from Dinty Moore cans.

matilda said...

Great for a winter day dinner. Simple and easy. I can't wait to try it out.